The Creative Cook’s Fresh Citrus Cranberry Sauce Recipe: With a creative approach to delicious and healthy recipes, and a genuine passion for cooking and good food, celebrity cook and culinary expert Angie Shaghaghi has managed to cultivate a large and loyal following of cooks and foodies.
This Bergen County resident has been featured as a culinary expert and competitor on Rachel Ray’s “Hey Can You Cook All Stars”, on Food Network’s “Chopped” and on other cooking programs. She is committed to bringing the spirit of home cooking to homes across America by creating unique dishes that use bold worldly flavors from spices such as cumin, paprika, and turmeric. Her inspiration for this technique comes from her travels around the world.
Angie is the owner of Creative Cooks, based in Wyckoff, New Jersey, where she makes healthy cooking fun for children! Angie also offers cooking classes at the Wyckoff YMCA.
Creative Cook’s Fresh Citrus Cranberry Sauce Recipe
You can not, I repeat CAN NOT have Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce! This is my version using a little orange juice and zest to give it just a little extra tang! Enjoy!
What you need
- One 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (plus 1 tablespoon of orange zest)
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
What you do
- Bring water, juice and sugar to boil.
- Add washed cranberries and the zest.
- Return to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a potato masher to smash larger cranberries.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before storing in the refrigerator.