With a creative approach to delicious and healthy recipes, and a genuine passion for cooking and good food, celebrity cook and culinary expert Angie Shaghaghi has managed to cultivate a large and loyal following of cooks and foodies. This Bergen County resident has been featured as a culinary expert and competitor on Rachel Ray’s “Hey Can You Cook All Stars”, on Food Network’s “Chopped” and on other cooking programs. She is committed to bringing the spirit of home cooking to homes across America by creating unique dishes that use bold worldly flavors from spices such as cumin, paprika, and turmeric. Her inspiration for this technique comes from her travels around the world. Angie is the owner of Creative Cooks in Wyckoff, New Jersey. Here is Angie’s famous hot wings recipe!
The Creative Cook’s Hot Wings Recipe
What you need:
- Two pounds of chicken wings (drumettes and flats separated)
- ½ tablespoon sea salt/pepper
- 1 teaspoon of each dried thyme and rosemary
- Oil for frying
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons Franks red hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Goat cheese (crumbled for serving-optional)
- ½ chopped scallions
What you do:
- Season chicken wings with spices and herbs to coat well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fry the wings in hot oil (carefully) until crispy and golden brown
- Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven to ensure they are cooked through
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan add butter, Frank’s hot sauce, Sriracha, vinegar and salt/pepper.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer
- When wings are cooked through, pour sauce over the hot wings and top with crumbled goat cheese and chopped scallions.
More recipes from Angie Shaghaghi!