The holidays are right around the corner, so now is the time to think about sprucing up the house for entertaining and for your own enjoyment. Here are a few words of holiday home-decorating advice from Diane Durocher, the award-winning designer of her namesake Diane Durocher Interiors in Ramsey, New Jersey.
- Entwine decorative ribbon into garland and/or use ribbon to embellish staircases, trees and other areas of the home.
- To add more interest to a tree, start collecting ornaments reflective of a trip or somewhere special you visit.
- Set up a children’s tree for the priceless homemade decorations (Popsicle sticks allowed).
- Mix expensive decorations with plain glass balls–a great way of filling a tree when there aren’t quite enough decorations to go around otherwise.
- Burn some scented candles to enhance the holiday spirit.
And with all the money being saved using a few less expensive, creative home decorating touches, there’ll be plenty extra left over in the budget for gift giving!