Apple Picking Within Easy Driving Distance of North Jersey! Apple picking is a favorite autumn tradition for many Bergen County, New Jersey area families. The trip to the farm, the fun in finding that perfect apple, and the bags of delicious apples that you can take home, all add to this wonderful experience.
New Jersey and the nearby Hudson Valley region offer a lot of great places to go for your family’s annual apple picking outing, with a pick-your-own apple orchard right here in Bergen County and many apple picking options, orchards and farms within easy day-trip driving distance of North Jersey.
Here are a few of our favorite places for apple picking within easy driving distance of North Jersey:
- 244 Werimus Road, Hillsdale, New Jersey
- Open: Mid-April – Thanksgiving, daily, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm (5:00 pm on holidays)
- Market: Fresh-picked fruits and vegetables, many are homegrown, including peaches, tomatoes, corn, apples and pumpkins.
- Pick Your Own: Apples, pumpkins, peaches
- Apple Varieties: Over 21 varieties including Galas, McIntosh, Empire, Red and Golden Delicious, Rome, Winesap, more
- Also Available: Baked goods, deli, salad bar, prepared goods, gift and gourmet items, garden center, cider, cider donuts and a full line of fall items.
The Orchards of Concklin
- 2 South Mountain Road, Pomona, New York
- Open: Apple picking season begins approximately September 16th. Call for seasonal updates. Hour are from 8:00 am-6:00 pm.
- Apple Varieties: McIntosh, Red Delicious, Cortland, Empire
- Farm market and bakery
- Fresh pressed cider and cider donuts
- Fall festival
- 122 Oakdale Road, Chester, New Jersey
- Open: September – early November, daily 9:00 am-4:30 pm. Driveway closes at 4:30 pm. Salesroom remains open until all are finished picking.
- Roadside Market: Apples, pumpkins, seasonal fresh vegetables
- Pick Your Own: Apples, pumpkins
- Apple Varieties: 34 varieties of apples; heirlooms, traditionals and moderns
- Also Available: Cider, donuts, fall wreaths, gourds, honey, Indian corn, jams and jellies
- Free hayrides on weekends. School and group trips available. Half century old tree orchards with 19th century ambiance. Cut-your-own pumpkins off the vine for early birds. Roam 66 acres of fields, woodlands, and orchards and enjoy the fall colors.
Stony Hill Gardens
- 8 State Route 24, Chester, New Jersey
- Open: Year Round, Daily, 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- Pick Your Own: Apples, pumpkins, strawberries
- Also Available: Plants, orchids, poinsettias, annuals, hanging baskets, bulb plants, perennials, cut flowers, mums, cabbage and kale ornamental
- Corn maze open September-November. See website for times.
Sun High Orchard
- 19 Canfield Avenue, Randolph, New Jersey
- Open: Daily, May – December, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Roadside Market
- Pick Your Own: Pumpkins, apples, cut your own flowers in the summer
- Apple Varieties: Cortland, Empire, Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Macoun, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Stayman/Winesap plus pumpkins, vegetables, sweet corn, tomatoes, raspberries, peaches
- Also Available: Apple cider, donuts, bakery, pies, soup, salads, jams, honey, cut flowers, bedding plants, perennials, gifts & craft items, mums, hay rides, picnic tables, fall decorations, petting zoo, farm animals
- Turn of the century General Store, 200-year-old authentic working bee-hive oven
Ripple Hill Farm
- 181 Mountain Road, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- Open: September- October, Sundays only, 12:00 pm- 4:00 pm
- Roadside Market: Apples, peaches, tomatoes, pumpkins
- Pick Your Own: Apples, tomatoes, pumpkins
- Apple Varieties: McIntosh, McCouns, Gala, Jonalicious, Mitsu, Laura Red, Empire, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Winesap, & Granny Smith
Melick’s Town Farm, Oldwick
- 170 Oldwick Road, Oldwick, New Jersey
- Open: September-mid-November, call or visit website for harvest dates & hours
- Roadside Market: Apples, blueberries, cherries, melons, nectarines, peaches, pears, plums, strawberries, winter squash, asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, green beans, lettuce, peppers, potatoes, pumpkins, snap beans, yellow squash, tomatoes, zucchini
- Pick Your Own: Strawberries, apples, pumpkins, flowers
- Apple Varieties: Cortland, Empire, Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Macoun, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Stayman/Winesap, Mutsu, Rome
- Also Available: Cider, cider donuts,Indian corn, jams, jellies, Halloween decorations, hay, gourds, flowers, corn stalks, herbs, cut flowers, annuals, perennials and Shrubs; Christmas trees, wreaths, weekend hayrides mid-September – October; School tours available
Melick’s Town Farms Califon
- 472 Route 513, Califon, New Jersey
- Open: July – October, Daily, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Roadside Market: Apples, peaches, nectarines, melons, pears, plums, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, green beans, lettuce, peppers, potatoes, pumpkins, squash, tomatoes, zucchini, flowers
- Pick Your Own: Apples, peaches,pumpkins Apple Varieties: Empire, Gala, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Macoun, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Stayman/Winesap, Rome, Mutsu
- Also Available: Hay, honey, cider, cider donuts, pies,jams/jellies, Indian corn, corn stalks, gourds, Halloween decorations, Horse-drawn wagon rides, and Grass Maze mid-September-October
Valley Crest Farm
- 14 Allerton Road, Lebanon, New Jersey
- Open: July – December, Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Roadside Market: Peaches, apples, berries, large variety of vegetables and herbs
- Pick Your Own: Peaches, apples, berries
- Apple Varieties: Ginger Gold, Sansa, 3 types of Gala, 3 types of McIntosh, Macoun, 3 types Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Baldwin, Granny Smith, Pink Lady Cripps Pink, Honeycrisp, Cameo
- Also Available: Christmas trees, wood crafts, preserves
- 4 Ochs Lane, Warwick, New York
- Open: Apple picking season is late August-October. Call for availability.
- Pick Your Own: Apples, berries, peaches, pumpkins, tomatoes, veggies
- Family Fun: Petting zoo for the kids, scenic views, picnicing
- Market: Homemade cider, cider donuts, ice cream made from fruit grown on the farm, baked goods and pies. Hot food from their eatery within the farm store on weekends during the fall season.
The mybergen.com Apple Picking Within Easy Driving Distance of North Jersey directory will be updated throughout the 2018 apple picking season!